Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Vintage Mustang: Sold

This one is completely my fault. I had no idea I'd be in New York three years after I left Atlanta and I really just wasn't thinking ahead. Anyhow, I got myself into a bind here by leaving my '66 Mustang at my mother's condo. There was really nowhere else for me to stash it, but I should have known better than to throw a car cover over it and call it a day. Three years later the condo association got tired of seeing it sit there unmoved and I sat here 750 miles away with little recourse other than to sell it cheap.

So thats what I did. The fine folks at Vintage Mustang, who'd done some work on it in the past did me a favor and took it off my hands. I hope they don't just piece it out, but I'm afraid that may be the case. Though it was a very beautiful ride, it probably wasnt the best reconstruction job ever done, and thats what the Mustang-o-philes really look for.

Regardless, a brief photo essay to commemorate the gone but not forgotten.









If anyone see's it cruising the streets of Atlanta, let me know. I'm curious about its eventual fate. Here's to ya! Farewell to my 30th birthday present to myself!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures. Sort of like saying goodbye to an old friend. I guess that's why Anne's 67 Galaxie is still in our carport.

Anonymous said...

Harris why didn't you blog you needed to sell it? Someone (maybe even me) might have bought it.

Harris said...

Yeah, it's a lot easier to say goodbye from so far away. The emotional attachment was all but gone.

Glen: It all happened so fast. My mom let me know that her condo association wanted it gone and my only choice was to impose on her boyfriend (for a spot in his driveway) or to make a couple quick calls. An old car is a lot of work, and I really didnt want to ask my friends to do me a favor (unless I had to)...

Anonymous said...

Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Millhouse, I know a certain affluent journalista type who might have wanted that for when he comes back from CommieIsland...well who knows, he used to have a sweet 60's Mustang, I shouldn't make assumptions on his behalf.

It is what it is, everything happens for a reason-

Chilly

Dogwood Girl said...

Bummer