Friday, February 15, 2008

Annapolis

I heard someone refer to Annapolis as 'Georgetown on the water' and it made me think of the big sister-little sister rivalry that Savannah and Charleston seem to have. In this case, Georgetown gets the headlines, but Annapolis certainly rivals it in charm and probably has it beat in architecture. Bonus points for being on the water.

I was told that Annapolis has the oldest capital building in the US and it did look glorious from the rear window as we drove by it. Didn't get to do too much sightseeing this time around. Hopefully next time, when the weather's nicer and I have more time.

I was tempted to drive through Baltimore on my way back to help satisfy my curiousity surrounding The Wire, but I thought better of it. If it's depicted inaccurately, I wasted my time, if it's accurate I don't make it home alive.

2 comments:

Dogwood Girl said...

Jealous - would like to visit. You should have done baltimore, as Poe is buried there. (Well, that is up for discussion, as there was a bit of mystery surrounding the death.) Anyway, I've always wanted to go just for that.

Also, on your friends vs. "fans of" lists? Is it higher praise to be your friend or for you to be my fan? huh.

Harris said...

The only distinction between friends and "fans of" is whether I actually know the person or not. So, I suppose it's better to be a friend...

Yeah, I'd like to check out Baltimore on one of my trips down that way. I'll try to make more time to linger once the weather changes.